Save yourself unnecessary costs by eliminating re-prints / re-trims by making sure calendars are trimmed correctly the first time round.
TRIMMING OF CALENDARS FOR RIMMING TO EXACT SIZE
If the calendars are not trimmed correctly (if the calendar trimming from left to right is too narrow or too wide, and/or not trimmed square), you will have the following results:
• The calendar rims will be either too long or too short.
• The finished product will be unsightly.
• You may have the wasted expense of re-printing/re-trimming the calendars.
• We may have to make new rims to accommodate the incorrectly trimmed width.
The way for correct calendar trimming is:
• Instruct your production supervisors and guillotine operators to ensure that calendars are trimmed exactly to size (the width is critical – it must match the exact length of the rims ordered).
• Calendars must also be trimmed square, i.e. tops and bottoms are the same widths.
• When rimming calendars, we require a 10mm bleed at the top (and at the bottom if bottom rims are required). Please ensure there is enough bleed, so once rimmed, no white shows in-between the rims and the colour background/ print, and that the rims do not cover any print/ logo’s etc.
Looking for the highest quality Calendar Rims or Calendar Rimming services, contact our sales team for a quote.